Horizon 2020 SME Instrument Workshops
These workshops will explain what the SME Instrument EU funding for StartUps and SMEs is, how it works and how you can use it for your StartUp.
The workshop will help you understand what is the dedicated EU funding for Entrepreneurs, StartUps and SMEs i.e the SME Instrument, how it works and which phase (phase 1 or phase 2) could be relevant for your StartUp or SME. It will explain how to assess which phase your StartUp is eligible for and how to apply to that phase – the whole process from proposal to grant, including what types of activities are funded.
Most importantly, the workshop will equip you with all the information, tools and hands-on training to write winning proposals – taking a case study of a typical entrepreneur and their StartUp/SME, a detailed step-by-step live demonstration of how to write a proposal with high chances of succeeding.
Finally, the workshop will enable you to rate your idea and proposals and improve them before submitting.
The workshop will be led by Kumardev Chatterjee, Founder and President of the European Young Innovators Forum, who has been involved in the design and setting up of the Horizon 2020 SME instrument over the last three years and who as a European commission appointed independent expert, has evaluated proposals for the European Commission for a €20 Million grant portfolio in 2013. Mr. Chatterjee has extensive competences as an experienced ICT expert, industry professional and innovator and entrepreneur himself. Mr. Chatterjee has a long history of involvement in EU policy, grants, proposals, and projects and as such is seen as leading expert in the field. He will provide first-hand information and tips during the sessions.
Workshops are structured in the following manner:
LEARN 9h30 to 12h30 with a coffee break for networking: How does EU Funding work Understand what the dedicated EU funding for StartUps and SMEs, the SME Instrument is all about, explained in entrepreneur’s language (are these individual grants between €50.000 to €2,5 million relevant for you and how do you apply?)
- Overview of EU Funding, explained in StartUp’s language
- The dedicated SME Instrument – Specific EU funding for entrepreneurs, StartUps and SMEs (individual grants between €50.000 to €2,5 million)
- SME Instument Phase 1 and Phase 2 – how do they work and which one applies to you and your Startup/SME
- How to apply to for the SME Instrument – the whole process from proposal to grant
DO 13h30 to 16h30 with a coffee break for networking: Writing a winning proposal (no photography allowed) Writing a winning proposal for the SME Instrument, explained in entrepreneur’s language (how to win these individual grants between €50.000 to €2,5 million)
- The FULL SME Instrument Official Templates explained, step-by-step, all sections and points.
- What does a European commission appointed proposal evaluator typically look for?
- What you need to remember when filling out the application? DOs and DONTs
- Writing a winning proposal, live demo, taking a case study of a typical entrepreneur and his StartUp, a detailed step-by-step demonstration of how to write a proposal with high chances of winning